Hanging belly fat may appear inevitable at certain stages in life!! Our bodies constantly go through a lot of change and hanging belly fat is a physical bodily feature a lot of people strongly wish they could get rid of. There’s no denying that we do not like the way it looks and would love to keep it hidden as much as possible and even get rid of it as fast as possible.
CAUSES OF HANGING BODY FAT
A hanging stomach can be caused by diverse reasons, some of which include weight changes, genetics, stress, aging, or pregnancy where an apron belly forms as an aftermath.
Many of these causes are natural and not necessarily under our control such as body changes after childbirth, genetics, and aging. However, some such as stress can be under our control.
Stress can lead to excess eating which then translates into excess fat that causes a hanging belly.
Stomach overhang is usually caused by excess visceral fat. A hanging stomach happens when excess fat gathers in the area around the midriff.
The bad news about this is that visceral fat can cause a lot of health complications when unattended to but there is good news and it’s that visceral fat is easier to lose compared to subcutaneous fat (the fat that sits under the skin) since it’s metabolically active so with intentionality and hard work, you could get rid of it and any health complications it comes with.
HOW TO GET RID OF HANGING BODY FAT
Adjusting one’s diet is one important way to reduce stomach overhang. There are also stomach fat removal techniques such as surgery and CoolSculpting.
Surgery is an invasive option of belly fat removal that costs a lot of money and you might not be comfortable with it.
You can also get rid of the apron belly with CoolSculpting and while it is not invasive, it is still a pricey method of getting rid of stomach fat.
Another addition to this list of techniques is exercise. Exercise is a great way to lose hanging belly fat without surgery or additional excess costs.
Though it won’t reduce stomach overnight, you can be sure that you would see the results sooner than you’d even expect if you are consistent.
BEST EXERCISES TO GET RID OF HANGING BELLY FAT
One good thing about exercise is that it is a cost-effective way to reduce hanging belly fat or completely get rid of hanging belly.
Below are 9 effective exercises that have been tested and guaranteed to help you on your journey of getting rid of hanging belly fat if you keep at them religiously.
These exercises would help you move in different types of ways which makes them the perfect exercises to do to help get rid of hanging belly fat.
To ensure that you get effective results and see them fast, adjust your diet and ensure that you are eating healthy food that is low in calories.
Many of these exercises don’t just help you get rid of hanging belly fat.
They also have additional benefits like helping you stay fit, improving heart health, strengthening your muscles, and more which is an additional reason to try them now.
Yes, walking. This sounds very basic and simple, but it is very effective in getting rid of hanging belly and ensuring that you also stay fit.
Walking is a very easy cardio exercise that can help you with shedding off extra kilos and helping with stomach fat.
You could take a brisk walk in your neighborhood either early in the morning or late in the evening.
You can also switch from taking your vehicles to short distances and choose to walk instead.
A short walk can help reduce fat around the belly not to mention the great effects it has on your metabolism and heart rate.
Do you need an extra reason why you should walk? You do not need any extra equipment for this exercise so tie up your shoelaces, get
walking and get rid of hanging belly fat.
Well, if you consider yourself a water person more than a land person, don’t fret, you’re still covered as you can get rid of hanging belly fat even in the water.
Swimming is another cardio option that can help in getting rid of hanging belly fat. Swimming engages your muscles as well as the excess fat store that cause a hanging stomach.
If you swim, here’s a good reason to continue and if you don’t, it’s not late to schedule a visit to the nearest pool today, exercise those muscles, and get rid of hanging belly fat.
If walking or swimming doesn’t exercise right up your alley in getting rid of belly fat, maybe cycling will be.
Cycling is another effective exercise to help get rid of hanging belly fat.
Cycling helps you lose fat in your waist and also helps gets your heart rate up. If that bike has been sitting somewhere, gathering dust in your home, now is the right time to dust it and put it to good use.
Begin to commute with your bike to nearby places and cycle your way into shedding off excess fat and in no time, you will be talking about your progress once you notice the difference in your hanging stomach before and after you started cycling.
Squats are such a good exercise for burning body fat and building lean muscle.
The beautiful thing is if you’re committed to doing them regularly, you are very likely to see results in no time as you would start to drop body fat all over, which includes your belly and thighs.
Squats aren’t technical to do and you could do them in the comfort of your home without having to go to the gym, another advantage of this exercise that can help you get rid of your hanging belly and lift a sagging stomach.
- To do a squat, begin by sending your hips back as if you’re sitting back into an invisible chair.
- Bend your knees to lower down as far as possible with your chest lifted in a controlled movement.
- Ensure your lower back is neutral.
- Press through heels to stand back up to starting position. Repeat.
5. HANGING LEG SCISSORS
Another exercise that helps to get rid of hanging belly fat is hanging leg scissors. With the aid of a pull-up bar, the hanging leg scissors work your lower abs.
- To do this exercise, hang from the bar with a shoulder-width, overhand grip and lift your right leg straight up as high as you can then begin to slowly lower it as you raise your left leg simultaneously.
- Alternate back and forth with each leg.
- Then repeat.
- If that is rather tough for you, you could bring each knee in the air instead of your straight leg.
6. HEEL TOUCH
Heel touch is a calisthenics and Pilates exercise that you can include in your plan to get rid of hanging belly fat.
- Begin by lying down with your back on the ground and your knees bent and pointing to the ceiling than with your arms on your side, slightly raise your shoulders off the ground.
- Next, rotate your right hand down to your right foot and then back up using your abs then proceed to do the same with your left hand.
- You can then alternate and do as much as desired as you work your way to reducing hanging belly fat.
7. JUMPING JACKS
This is an exercise you possibly remember from primary school. It is super simple but highly effective.
Jumping Jacks is another exercise to try out to get rid of hanging belly fat.
A top way to burn belly fat is by getting your heart rate up and doing Jumping Jacks is a great exercise to help you achieve that and it is an exercise you’re probably even familiar with.
- To do Jumping Jacks, start by standing up straight with your legs together and your arms down at your side then bend your knees slightly and jump.
- As you jump, spread your legs to about shoulder-width apart and stretch your arms out and over your head, so they almost clap together. Jump again and then return your arms and legs to your starting position.
8. PENDULUM PLANKS
Just like pushups, pendulum planks are done from a face-down position on the floor.
Pendulum planks also work the entire stomach, making it an important exercise in getting rid of hanging belly fat.
- Facing the floor, place your hands shoulder-width apart and feet together behind you.
- Slowly push yourself up, straighten your arms and tighten your core to form a straight back.
- While holding this position, lift your right foot and move your leg out to your right side as far as you can, taking great care that your toes do not touch the floor.
- Move your leg back to the starting point, place your toes on the floor and repeat with your left leg. Alternate and continue in a steady motion.
Aerobics is a type of exercise that uses oxygen to fuel energy demands during exercise. If you’re not a gym person and you want to get rid of hanging belly fat, you can choose to do some high-intensity aerobic workouts.
Aerobic workouts are simple, effective and a whole lot of fun as you could even invite friends and exercise together.
Aerobics are great for breaking into a sweat fast, exercising every part of your body, and burning the maximum amount of calories so you can be sure to see results in no time.
Find Out Here – 9 Best Exercises to Lose Thigh Fat in a Week at Home
With consistency and doing exercises on this list, you can be sure to see a difference in your body in no time.
Remember to couple constant exercise with a healthy diet for even faster and more effective results.
There are many exercises on this list, so you have enough to try. Pull out your sporting gear and workout your way into a flat and healthier stomach free of hanging belly fat.
Ensure that you do these exercises properly to see results and to prevent any injuries from happening.
In case of body pains or injuries, switch or stop the exercises and visit your doctor.