How to Lose thigh Fat ? Do you know that estrogen –a natural compound –is found to be responsible for the weight gain in your thigh? This hormone causes a massive drive; it increases fat cells in women.
Estrogen causes fat deposits to form around the butt and thighs.
It should go without saying that the body’s fat cells are found to scale up in females from age eight than it is in males as a result of this natural compound.
Whilst it appears that thigh fats are some of the most stubborn fat to get rid of in the body; the good news however is that there are proven exercises to lose thigh fats.
Before we outline nine of the best exercises to lose thigh fat in a week; it is important to look into other causes of inner thigh fat.
What Causes Inner Thigh Fat?
Granted, estrogen is the main culprit of fat formation around the thigh region.
But to add to this, the truth is thigh fat can be caused by a wide range of things from the type of food you eat to sedentary lifestyle – that is, less exercise and sitting too much.
Notably, estrogen functions in other areas that is beneficial to the body.
Let’s also note that the deposit of fat in the butt and thigh by reason of the hormone’s activity is originally to serve as reservoir for pregnant women and those breastfeeding.
The body of a pregnant and breastfeeding woman needs an average of 1000 additional calories per day.
Sitting too much
A physiology professor at the Pennington Biomedical Research center in Louisiana was quoted to have said “when you sit for too long, the muscle of your leg will turn to mush.”
The reality of this statement is why it is advised to engage in what is called “light office work” while sitting.
Be informed also, that sitting for an extended period can cause thousands of bad genes to be activated –including the ones that stimulate muscle atrophy.
There are certain foods that cause rapid deposition of fat in the inner thigh.
You will do well to steer clear of foods that are capable of stimulating or affecting your hormone levels.
Eat preservative-free and chemical-free foods. Incorporate hormone-free meats in your dietary.
That said, there are exercises that target inner thigh fat and below we outline nine of the best exercises to lose thigh fat in a week.
Reduce thigh fat in 7 days with these workout sessions.
9 Best Exercises to Lose Thigh Fat in a Week at Home
Notably, burpees may be a full body exercise. However, this strength training exercise is a proven way to burn inner thigh fat.
Burpees is one of the stretching exercises for thighs.
For emphasis, if you are looking for exercises to lose thigh fat –waste no time to include this move in your bucket list.
After a round of burpees exercise –if done well –you will feel some sensation in your leg like battery acid pumping in your inner thigh.
How to do it:
- To begin, stand upright with your feet hip-width apart.
- Place your arms at your sides.
- Next, drop into a squat position. This is when you push your hips backward and your knees bent.
- Put your palms on the floor before you. Now divert your body weight onto them.
- You are probably feeling the sensation in your hands by now.
- Slowly lift your feet; extend them backward and land on your toes. This will put you in a plank position similar to push ups
- Next, hop your feet forward such that your feet land almost in between your hands.
- All this while, make sure your hands remain unmoved.
- Hop your feet backward to land on your toes. Repeat the process to complete more reps.
2. Squats to Lose Thigh Fat
It cannot be argued, squat is a perfect exercise to deal with stubborn inner thigh fat.
Pick a friend in squats to reduce thigh fat.
Again –to lose thigh fat; squats exercise can be a friend indeed!
Needless to say – squat is highly regarded among fitness trainers; reason being that its impact is felt on the whole body.
The exercise involves the largest muscle group in the body. Squat is effective when it comes to burning body fat at a rapid rate.
How to do it:
- Begin by maintaining an upright position
- Spread your feet inches wider than hip-width
- Set your gaze and launch your arms forward
- Flex your abs and squeeze your glute
- Inhale and slowly push your hip downward until it goes below your knees
- Breath out and return to the starting position
- Repeat the move to complete more reps.
3. Leg Circles
Also called one-legged circles. We include leg circles in the list of exercises to get rid thigh fat in a week because of its efficacy.
Though appears easy, this exercise can be just as difficult if you get the moves right.
Leg circles work on the glute and it is pretty magical in the way this workout helps to tone thighs and buttocks in a week.
Leg circles require core stability, so they are perfect for toning your abdominal muscles.
How to do it:
- Find a comfortable floor or fitness mat
- Lie your back on the flat surface
- Set your gaze upward and raise one leg. Extend the leg raised upward –pointing to the ceiling
- Start rotating the leg lifted. Do this three times in a clockwise direction and three times anti-clockwise.
- Pick up the other leg and repeat the move to complete one set
- Do some five to six sets if you are a beginner.
4. Jumping Jacks to Reduce Inner Thigh Fat
Looking for exercises to lose thigh fat? Jumping jacks is your go to.
The exercise is potent for strengthening the arms, core and legs.
This means you are not only targeting the inner thigh fat but also conditioning other parts of the body.
Jumping jacks help to stimulates the heart muscles; it achieves this by scaling your heart rate –burning calories as a result.
How to do it:
- Stand with your legs zipped together and your arms glued to your sides.
- Jump and spread your legs slightly more than hip-width apart; at the same time raising your arms upward to meet above your head
- Jump again to get your feet zipped and your arms back to the starting point
- Repeat the process for 10 to 15 times to complete a set.
- Perform up to 3 sets to initiate result
5. Straight Leg Lifts to Lose Thigh Fat
Due to its efficacy; straight leg lifts qualify for the list of 9 best exercises to reduce thigh fat in a week.
In the medical community, physio therapists are found to often prescribe this indoor exercise for individuals who are just recovering from recent injuries in the lower part of the body.
Straight leg lifts help to tone thigh fat, stabilize the pelvis and also strengthen the hips and legs.
How to do it:
- Lie your back on the floor
- Your legs zipped together and your arms at your sides
- Lift the two legs zipped together upward. Extend your legs; think of your thighs tilting toward your chest rather than pointing to the ceiling
- Effect the lifting from your hips until your thighs are well flexed. Go as far as you could –but not with pain
- It is okay to have a slight bend in your knees if you are a beginner.
- Hold this position for some twelve seconds. You can increase this as you get familiar with the workout.
Also Read – 9 Best Workouts to Lose Upper Thigh Fat in a Week
6. Planks to Get Rid of Thigh Fat
If you have not heard about the benefits of planks before now –today you’ve learned that this exercise is effective for reducing inner thigh fat.
Notably, ‘planks’ is one of the exercises to lose thigh fat.
To add to this, however, we include that this workout is able to stimulate flexibility in the lower region of your body.
Planks help you to shed fat from the waistline downward and provide better balance for the body to perform other activities.
How to do it:
- Lie face down with your legs zipped together
- Raise your upper body and lean on your forearms
- Transfer your body weight on your forearms.
- Your shoulder in a straight line with your elbow
- Extend your legs backward, still zipped together, land your legs on your toes
- Hold the plank position for 30 seconds if you are a beginner.
- Increase the time as you get better at it.
7. Fast Walking And Running
Though, you wish to get rid of some thigh fat at home. But if you can we recommend a few minutes fast walking or running across the yard.
The truth is running or walking at a fast pace are effective ways to tone your thigh fats.
The overall benefits of running or fast walking cannot be over-emphasized.
Engaging in this outdoor activity will help to increase your heart rate as it stimulates the body to release energy.
How to start:
- Begin by walking at a slow pace. Gradually increase the speed as you feel comfortable.
- Running or fast walking for 30 minutes or more on daily basis is recommended not only for the benefits of the toned thigh but more importantly to stay healthy.
- Include running in your fitness routine and part of your exercises to lose thigh fat.
8. Cycling Workout
Cycling is basically working out the lower part of your body.
If you don’t want to get into the neighborhood –get a stationary bike and start burning those stubborn thigh fats.
In your quest to find the best exercises to lose thigh fat, we recommend that you start with cycling.
It is capable of giving you a desired result by the 7th day.
Cycling involves working your hips and legs.
By making cycling a daily routine, you are positioned for a more toned thigh and stronger legs.
To add, cycling could easily pass off as an effective buttocks’ reducer. So, if you desire to work the muscles in your glute then start cycling.
9. Step Mill Or Walk The Stairs
Spending an average of 20 to 25 minutes per day on a Stairmaster is a proven way to shed thigh fat.
If you can’t get a hold of this gym equipment; we recommend that you make it a routine to walk the stairs in your office –for the time being neglect the use of the elevator.
Don’t be in a hurry to jump inside the elevator. Plan your day to ensure you have the extra time.
Walking up the stairs will worth your effort.
Also, Read– Best Exercises to Get Rid of Stubborn Inner Thigh Fat in 2 Weeks
Thigh fats may appear stubborn to get rid of, but engaging in the workouts and exercises discussed above are proven ways to get desired result.
Are you worried at the rate fats has accumulated in your inner thigh? Be at peace; above are some of the nine best exercises to lose thigh fat in a week.