Lunch Box Ideas for Adults: It’s super convenient to order lunch at work.
However, have you done the calculations lately to see how much it’s costing you per week?
You don’t even want to extend that to 6 months.
An alternative that won’t cost you as much is to pack your own lunch.
Yes, we know it requires effort. But would you rather continue to spend that much?
We’ve made things super easy for you with this list of lunch box ideas for adults you can take to work.
They’re convenient to make and won’t even take a lot of time.
Now you can be sure you’re eating healthy food even while away from home.
Now you can spend the afternoon feeling energized after work instead of bloated and greasy from cheeseburgers.
And no, it won’t be sandwiched all the time.
Keep reading to learn some creative meals you can have for lunch at work.
How Can I Best Store and Carry Lunch to Work?
There are great lunch boxes out there.
Go for something you like.
They’ll help you portion your foods easily and seal properly to avoid spills.
Some of them are great for kids too.
You can also opt for freezable lunch bags.
They help you keep your meal cold if you’ll be out for a long time or don’t have access to a refrigerator.
How Can I Make my Lunch Prep Easier?
Some people prepare their next day’s lunch while making dinner so they don’t have to make out time again.
Others make their lunch in the morning to keep it as fresh as possible.
The only approach you need to follow is the one that’s convenient for you.
9 Healthy Lunch Box Ideas for Adults or Kids
1. Pasta Salad
It’s quick and easy to cook pasta, so this won’t take time at all.
If you have leftover pasta, that’s even better.
That makes this a cheap lunchbox idea for adults.
Simply add chopped red onion, tomato, bell pepper, and ham.
Add some salad dressing and classic vinaigrette to make it exceptional.
That’s not all, including cashews, dark chocolate chips, kiwi, and blueberries as sides.
2. Avocado Chicken Salad
If you love avocado and chicken salad, you’ll love this recipe.
It’s easy to make and you can whip it up the night before.
You can even make the entire meal the night before and put it in a freezable lunch bag.
- ½ tbsp of Mayo
- shredded chicken
- ½ tbsp of Greek Yogurt
- half (½) avocado
How to make:
Mix all the ingredients and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Scoop the mix into a pita pocket or on slices of bread as a sandwich.
Whichever way you go about it, you’ll surely love the taste.
3. Chicken Hummus Naan Wrap
This is a lunch box idea for adults that won’t take more than 15 minutes to whip up.
All you need is:
- Shredded chicken
- Crumbled cheese
- Naan Bread
How to make:
Mix all the ingredients and pile them in the soft naan bread.
Make as many pieces as you’d love to eat.
You could even make extras for your colleague to have a taste.
They’ll love you for it.
4. Italian Lunch Box
If you love Italian cuisine, you’ll love this gourmet lunch box idea for adults.
This is a delicious and healthy meal that’ll leave people wondering if you had it made by a chef.
- Fresh mozzarella
- A couple of fresh tomatoes
- Dressing: extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper
- A toasted slice of bread
- Red and green grapes
- Green and black olives
Layer the mozzarella and slices of tomatoes and place them in the main compartment of your lunch box.
Place the remaining ingredients in other parts.
Make sure the bread is fresh, as that’s how you enjoy it best.
5. Crackers and Hummus
This lunch box idea for adults might not seem much, but it’ll fill you with energy to power through the rest of the day.
Package your meal with carrots, celery, broccoli, and bell peppers.
Add dried fruits and dark chocolate as healthy sweets.
6. Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwich
Here’s a chicken lunch box idea for work you won’t forget in a hurry.
It requires a bit of preparation, though.
So, it’s something to make ahead.
- Spice chicken breasts lightly with sea salt and place them in a crockpot.
- Mix barbeque sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Italian dressing, and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and cook for 4 hours.
- When it’s done, shred the chicken and let it cook for an extra 15 minutes to fully absorb the flavor.
- Spread on buns or stuff in wraps with coleslaw.
If you don’t want the sandwich vibe, you can pack a plateful as is or with some rice or pasta.
7. Vegan Chickpea Sandwich
We meant it when we said these lunch box ideas for adults are healthy.
So, if you’re vegan, this one will suit you fine.
It’s quick and easy to make as it has just 5 ingredients and it’s free of gluten.
This food is quite versatile as you can eat it any way you want.
If you’re looking for a non-sandwich lunch idea for adults, you can eat this with crackers.
If you’re not so picky, you can stuff wraps with this or spread it over slices of bread.
All you’ll need to make this are:
- Cooked chickpeas, canned or pressure cooked
- Vegan mayo
- Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Rinse the chickpeas
- Mix them with the remaining ingredients and let them combine well
- Serve the ways we suggested or create a new method
8. Baked Salmon and Avocado
This is a nutritious lunch box idea for adults that you can make with leftover ingredients.
If you have grilled salmon, you don’t know what to do with, that’s part of your lunch for the next day!
Add slices of avocado, baby spinach, blueberries, and olives, and your lunch is ready.
You can add a Lara Bar for extra nutrition.
9. Chicken Wrap
Want something filling without eating too much?
This lunch box idea is what you should take to work.
This warp goodness takes a bit to prepare, so you have to make it ahead.
- Fresh mandarin orange
- Goat cheese
- Sliced almonds
- A large apple
- Chicken breasts
- Tortilla wraps
- Place a skillet on the stove and add a little oil.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and additional seasonings you want, and cook over medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until the chicken temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Make sure to wash the greens and dried.
- Peel and section the mandarin oranges.
- Chop the apple and measure the remaining ingredients.
- Once your chicken cooks, remove it from the pan and slice.
- Then mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- Put the tortilla wraps in damp paper towels and microwave for 15 seconds.
- That way, your chicken wraps will roll easier.
- Scoop the salad filling into tortilla wraps and roll it tightly to avoid spilling.
- Continue until you’ve exhausted the filling.
- You can place them in your lunch box and refrigerate till you’re ready to take them out.
Save money and eat healthy with our lunch box idea for adults.
The meals are easy to make and are super tasty.
Unlike some food you have for lunch that leaves you lethargic, these will help you power up and stay sharp through the day.
You don’t even need to refrigerate some of them till you’re ready to eat.
Those are great lunch box ideas for when you don’t have access to a refrigerator or microwave.
That’s it from us; enjoy your lunch.