7-Day Liver Cleanse Recipes – Your liver cleanses your body of toxins. It does this by removing harmful substances to be excreted.
So, it only makes sense to detox your liver. The best way to do that is with the liver cleanse recipes we have for you.
Not all the food you eat is healthy. An unhealthy lifestyle and a polluted environment contribute to the toxins your liver works to remove from your body.
If you want to try this liver cleanse diet, you’ll have to make some adjustments to what you eat.
You’ll need to stop drinking an alcohol and taking cigarettes, and lower your stress levels.
However, at the end of the program, you’ll be more energized.
It’s important that you stick to your new habits or you’ll get stuck in a loop of intoxication and liver detox.
With this cleared up, let’s get on with the liver cleanse recipes.
- 1 Best 7-Day Liver Cleanse Recipes-Detox Your Liver Naturally
Best 7-Day Liver Cleanse Recipes-Detox Your Liver Naturally
Day 1: Eat Liver Cleansing Foods to Eliminate Toxins
Most of the toxins in your body come from the by-product of fermentation created by your gut bacteria and the food you eat.
So, reduce the intake of the things that put pressure on your liver.
Cut down on red meat, caffeine, smoking, alcohol, processed foods, and other irritants such as gluten and dairy.
You want to replace those with organic fruits and vegetables, lentils, and pulses.
If you must eat meat, go for white meat such as chicken.
The fish in your diet should be fresh, wild, and oily ones such as salmon, mackerels, sardines.
Here’s a fatty liver cleanse recipe you should try:
You can make this super food for lunch or dinner.
It’s healthy, delicious, and will help cleanse your liver.
- 6 cherry plum tomatoes, halved
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 4 oz green beans, top and tailed
- 2 oz walnut halves
- 2 tbsps. soy sauce
- 6 oz broccoli
- 2 salmon fillets, skinned and sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 2 avocados, peeled, stoned, and sliced
- Juice of 1 orange
- Mix the orange juice, honey, and soy sauce.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the broccoli and stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add the salmon and beans, then stir-fry for another 2 mins.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and continue to cook while stirring, for a further 2 mins.
- The vegetables should still retain some crunch.
- Add the orange dressing and heat for 1 an extra minute.
- Serve immediately with freshly cooked noodles.
Day 2: Increase your Nutrient Intake
As the liver removes toxins from your body, it needs nutrients from the food you eat to do its job.
A rich diet of plant-based foods contains a lot of the nutrients your liver needs.
So, on this day, eat leafy greens such as kale and watercress, vegetables such as cauliflower and broccoli, then onions, garlic, and leeks.
Don’t forget citrus, and include organic quinoa, lentils, nuts, and seeds, to provide vitamin B and fiber.
This quinoa cheese salad is a good liver cleanse recipe.
- 8 baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz halloumi cheese
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 ½ oz quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A good handful of mint leaves
- Pitta bread and yogurt, to serve
- Put the quinoa in a pan with 300ml of cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 mins until the water is absorbed.
- Heat the grill and put the onion slices on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with the cumin seeds and 1 tbsp of oil. Grill for 5 mins, stir, then add the tomatoes and cook until they are just softened.
- Cut the cheese into 6 thin slices. Cook them on a hot griddle pan, or under the grill, for about a minute on each side.
- Drain the quinoa, stir in the grilled tomatoes and onions along with all the cooking juices on the baking sheet. Add another tbsp of oil, vinegar, and seasoning. Spoon into a bowl. Shred the mint leaves into the salad and stir in carefully.
- Arrange the cheese on top. Serve with pitta bread and yogurt.
Day 3: Time to Heal your Gut
If there’s damage to the lining of your intestines, toxins and undigested food particles can enter your bloodstream and reach your liver. When this happens often, it can damage your liver.
You can heal your gut by taking fermented foods and gut bacteria supplements.
Kombucha, sauerkraut, and kefir are good examples.
You can find supplements in a local pharmacy.
Day 4: Follow a Routine
Claire says our bodies perform more efficiently when it’s in a routine.
An ideal routine will be going to bed and getting up at the same time.
Eating your main meals at the same time each day, exercising earlier, and relaxing in the evening are all good routines you want to get used to.
You don’t need to pull these off to the letter, but get as close as possible.
This will help your liver function as optimally as it can during the day and at night.
Day 5: Try Time-Restricted feeding (TRF)
This means you’ll eat all your meals within an 8 to 10-hour window and fast the rest of the time.
It’s a sort of intermittent fasting regime.
For instance, you can eat breakfast at 11 am and dinner at 7 pm.
That way, your liver can perform other functions while you sleep and you’ll wake up energized.
Day 6: Hydrate to Clean Liver
You must have heard about the importance of drinking lots of water.
That’s important for this liver cleanse mission you’re embarking on.
Drinking lots of water will help you release more toxins.
Take at least 2 liters of water per day.
NOTE: Don’t limit hydration to this day; it’s an everyday thing. Even after the 7 days of liver cleanse.
Herbal teas will count as water intake in this case.
Peppermint and dandelion are good liver cleanse teas.
They stimulate bile flow, which supports the detoxification process. Turmeric works great for protecting your liver.
So, give this turmeric latte as a good liver detox drink.
- 2 tsps. coconut oil
- 1tsp finely chopped fresh or dried turmeric
- 1 cup of milk of your choice (almond, coconut, or dairy)
- 1 tsp honey, or more or less to taste
- Warm the milk in a pan until it’s almost boiling.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, adding more or less honey according to your preference.
- If you’re using powdered turmeric, mix it with a little boiling water first.
- Pour the contents of the pan into a blender and blitz until you have a nice froth on top of the milk.
- Pour in a cup and serve.
Day 7: Sweat and Exercises
You have the freedom to choose how you want to go about this.
Whether you want to exercise, do yoga, or dance, just make sure you sweat.
There you go! 7 days of giving your liver a solid chance to strengthen itself.
Do this once in a while to keep your liver in good shape.
Liver cleanses smoothies are also a great way to incorporate liver cleanse recipes into your everyday routine.
If you’re wondering what is the fastest way to cleanse your liver, try drinking a liver cleanse juice.
Although, it won’t dep clean your liver as this 7-day diet will.