What to get rid of lower back pain and build strength fast?
In today’s article, we will be talking about different types of stretch and convenient stretches for women to get lower back pain relief.
Lower back pain can be a debilitating and painful condition, being physically active can help to reduce and prevent back pain.
Lower back pain affects 80% affects all people at one time or another especially women.
Minor lower back pain normally gets better on its own within a few days or weeks. It can be considered chronic when it lasts for three months or more.
It might be a symptom of an underlying condition like kidney stones or acute pan creations and at times a side effect of a sedentary lifestyle or repetition of motion.
Lower back pain is an incredibly common condition that no doubt can be relieved or prevented with regular exercise and stretching.
- 1 EASY STRETCHES FOR LOWER BACK PAIN FOR WOMEN
- 1.1 1. KNEE-TO CHEST STRETCH
- 1.2 2. PELVIC TILT
- 1.3 LOWER BACK PAIN DURING PREGNANCY
- 1.4 TIGHT LOWER BACK STRETCHES FOR A PINCHED NERVE IN LOWER BACK
- 1.5 Glute Stretches for Lower Back Pain
- 1.6 HAMSTRING STRETCHES FOR LOWER BACK PAIN
- 1.7 HOW TO HEAL LOWER BACK PAIN FAST
EASY STRETCHES FOR LOWER BACK PAIN FOR WOMEN
To maintain a healthy lifestyle as a woman, to avoid back pain, the best stretches are outlined below;
1. KNEE-TO CHEST STRETCH
This one of the best stretches for lower back pain. Chest stretch relaxes one’s hip, thighs, and glutes while performing an overall reaction.
Steps to follow when performing a knee to chest stretch.
- Lie on your back with both knees bent and your feet flat on the floor
- Keep your left knee bent or straight or straight it out along the floor
- Draw your right knee towards your chest and clasp your head behind your thigh.
- Lengthen your spine down to your tailbone and avoid lifting your hips
- Breath in and out deeply and release any tension
- Hold unto the pose for 50seconds to 1minute then try with the other leg.
Place a cushion under your head for extra padding, you can also wrap a towel around your leg if it’s difficult for your arms to reach.
To deepen the stretch, tuck your chin and lift your head towards your knee.
2. PELVIC TILT
This particular type of stretch helps build strength in your abdominal muscles which helps to relieve pain and tightness in your lower back.
It also have an effect on the glutes and arm strings
STEPS TO BE TAKEN TO DO A PELVIC TILT
- Lie on your back with both knees bent and feet laid flat on the floor
- The abdominal muscle must be engaged as you flatten your back against the floor.
- Breathe normally and hold up unto this position for 10 seconds
- Release and take few deep breaths to relax.
- Repeat up to 3-5times .
LOWER BACK PAIN DURING PREGNANCY
This can also be reduced through;
- Good postures: practice good postures, as your baby grows in the womb your center of gravity shifts forward.
- Piriformis stretch: this type of stretch is easy to do while sitting.
Steps to perform the piriformis stretch are listed below.
- Sit on a chair with your feet flat on the ground.
- Cross one foot over the other knee
- As you continue to exhale slowly lean forward to keep a flat back until you fill a stretch in your lower back and buttocks.
. Bound Angel pose: This kind of stretch helps the back to be stretched If the following steps are followed.
- Sit on your mat and bend your knees, bringing the soles of your feet together in front of you.
- Grab hold of your toes and draw your feet gently towards your pelvis.
- Inhale and sit up tall on your sitting bones, not your tool one. You don’t want your pelvis stuck here.
- As you exhale, press your knees to the ground, keeping your spine straight, gently begin to bend at the hips, taking your torso forward the ground.
- When you get as far as you can comfortably go, release any tension in your neck by dropping
- Stay here for 3-5 slow, even breaks. If possible, gently lean farther forward with each exhale but be sure not to overstretch.
TIGHT LOWER BACK STRETCHES FOR A PINCHED NERVE IN LOWER BACK
What to do when you’re experiencing a pinched nerve in lower back?
Stretches that helps to relax the impinge nerve are listed below;
1. Child Poses Stretch
This is one of the easiest pose to perform. It is a popular resting stretch in yoga practice.
Steps to follow to do a child’s pose stretch.
- Get on your hands and knees, basically getting down on your fours.
- Keep your knees apart but the big toes of your feet still touching the ground
- Sit up to straighten your spine then reach forward with your arms laid straight ahead.
- Keep your palm facing down as you stretch forward, allow your legs and hands to touch the floor.
- Hold unto this position for several seconds then revert to your sitting position.
This type of stretch helps to relieve pain stemming from a compressed nerve, it requires you to lie down in a flat surface.
- Bend your knees at 45 degrees with your feet flat on the ground and in line with the shoulder requires your arm straight at your sides laid flat on the floor
- Lift through the heels to push your lower back and midsection off the floor.
- Try making a straight line with your knees, hips and shoulder
- Hold up unto this position for 30 seconds, before lowering down again.
3. Lumbar Rotation
- Lay on your back with the knees bent and the feet flat on the requires
- Slowly rock the knees from side to side.
- Allow the back to twist slightly while rocking the knees.
- Repeat up to 10-15 times
4. Single Knee to Chest
This also requires lying on a flat surface like a carpet.
- Lay flat on the back with the leg straight.
- Bring one knee to the chest and hold it there for 15 seconds then place it down.
- Repeat with the other leg. 10-15 times on each leg.
Glute Stretches for Lower Back Pain
The gluteal muscles are made up of 3; Gluteus maximus, Gluteus medius, Gluteus minimus
These three are located in the bottom area and they make you the largest muscle group in the body.
If your glutes are tight you might feel tension not only in your buttocks, and also in your back and hips because your glutes are attached to the bones in your hips, pelvis, back, and legs.
Here are some stretches that can help to relieve tension in your glutes
1. Seated figure four stretch
It’s advisable to do glute stretches while seated in a chair, especially when you sit at a desk most of the day or when you travel for a long period mostly.
- Sit upright in a sturdy chair, placing your right ankle on your left thigh just above your knee
- Place your hands on your shins
- Keep your spine straight, lean forward to deepen the stretch
- Hold unto the position for 20-30 seconds and repeat with the other leg.
2. Seated Glue Stretch
This kind of stretch is simple and helps to relieve tightness in your glute and back.
Steps to follow;
- Sit on a bare floor and extend your legs out in front of you.
- Keep your back straight, lift your left leg and place your left ankle on your right knee
- Lean slightly forward to depend the stretch
- Hold for 30-20 seconds
- Straighten your right leg and repeat it with your left leg.
HAMSTRING STRETCHES FOR LOWER BACK PAIN
These stretches help to keep the muscle mobile and flexible and helps to loosen tightness in the hamstring
1.Sitting Hamstrings Stretch
- Sit on the ground with a left leg bent at the knee with the foot facing inward
- Extend the right keeping it slightly bent at the knee
- Bend forward at the waist, making sure to keep the back straight
- Hold for 30 sec and repeat 2-3 times
2. Standing Hamstrings Stretch
- Stand upright with the spine in a neutral position
- Place the right leg in front of the body with the foot flexed, the heel pushed to the ground and the toe pointing upward.
- Slightly bend the left knee.
- Lean forward and place the hands on the straight right leg, keeping a neutral spine.
- Hold the stretch for 10-30 sec and repeat for 2-4times
3. Lying Hamstring Stretch using a Wall
This type of stretch requires to be done in an open doorway.
- Lie flat on the ground with the back flat and left leg fully extended on the floor.
- Lean the right leg against the wall next to the doorway.
- Adjust the distance between the body and the wall to achieve mild tension in the right leg
- Hold unto the stretch for 10-30sec and repeat 3times
HOW TO HEAL LOWER BACK PAIN FAST
Lower back pain can be an obstacle to carry out one’s daily activities.
Remedies to help reduce lower back pain are listed below
Although it may seem difficult to exercise when lower back pain is causing you grief but taking the right movement can help eliminate the discomfort gradually.
2 Use Hot/ Cold treatments
Using a heating pad can also relieve stiff or achy muscles, make sure you follow the instructions on any heating pad and text the temperature to ensure it is not too much.
3. A pain relief that contains menthol, has a cooling effect that can temporarily dull back pain.
Be careful not to use too much because it can cause a person to be more sensitive to pain
4. Stress less, rest, and get better sleep.