Best Spaghetti and Meatball Recipes: Spaghetti and meatballs are originally Italian-American dish but it has become a staple meal in almost every home around the world.
This probably has something to do with how delicious and satisfying it is.
Spaghetti and meatballs recipes typically consist of spaghetti (of course), mincemeat and tomato sauce and they are usually easy to make.
Here are some easy spaghetti and meatball recipes you can try out.
Easy 4 Best Spaghetti and Meatball Recipes
1. Spaghetti and Meatballs Sauce
First on our list of easy spaghetti and meatballs recipes. This classic Italian spaghetti and meatballs recipe is easy.
It is probably one of the easiest spaghetti and meatball recipes you can try out at home.
It takes about 20 minutes to prepare and the result is often mouth-watering.
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin oil
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package instructions.
- Drain in a large bowl, combine beef with bread crumbs, parsley, egg, garlic, parmesan.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt and red pepper flakes.
- Mix until they are combined and form into 16 balls.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally until all sides are browned, 10 minutes.
- Remove meatballs to a plate.
- Add onion to the pot and cook until soft, 5 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and bay leaf.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and bring to a simmer.
- Return meatballs to the pot and cover.
- Simmer until sauce has thickened, 8-10 minutes.
- Serve spaghetti with a scoop of meatballs and sauce.
- Top with parmesan (optional).
Read Also – 9 HEALTHY DELICIOUS 300 CALORIE BREAKFAST FOODS
2. Spaghetti Bolognese with Meatballs
The second recipe on our list of easy spaghetti and meatballs recipes is this spaghetti Bolognese with meatballs.
This recipe is relatively easy to make and the result is always worth the wait.
Ingredients for Meatballs
- 400g lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 50g parmesan
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dried mixed Italian herbs
- Salt and black pepper
For Red Pasta Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cubed
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- 50g parmesan
- Chopped parsley
- 500g spaghetti
- Parmesan for topping
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Place the ground beef in a food processor and grind till smooth.
- Transfer the ground beef to a bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into balls place on a greased baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
Spaghetti Meatball Sauce
- Add olive oil to a pot and sauté onions and garlic until softened and lightly colored.
- Mix in tomato paste and sauté for about 2 minutes. Stir in canned tomatoes, celery and add a cup of water.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 30 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add water if it starts to dry out.
- Drop-in meatballs and simmer for another minute.
- Turn off the heat and add 50g grated parmesan.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water. Do not overcook the pasta.
- When the pasta is done, drain.
- Serve the spaghetti on a plate with scoops of sauce over it.
- Scatter with more parmesan and parsley.
For convenience, you can make this spaghetti and meatballs recipe with jar sauce instead of making your sauce from scratch.
If you are wondering how to make spaghetti and meatballs with ragu sauce, simply replace the homemade sauce with ragu sauce.
3. Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs
Third, on our list of easy spaghetti and meatballs recipes is the baked spaghetti and meatballs.
Spaghetti and meatballs is a basic meal but that doesn’t mean it has to be boring.
Turn this basic meal into something more with this sweet spaghetti and meatballs recipe.
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves, chopped
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup panko
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Oil a baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, pork, egg, panko, parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, allspice and nutmeg.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir well until well combined.
- Roll into balls and form about 20 meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add meatballs in batches and cook until all sides are browned, 3 minutes.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water.
- Drain well when the pasta is cooked and stir in marinara sauce.
- Add pasta to the prepared baking dish and top with meatballs, sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Place in the oven and bake until bubbly and heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with parsley (optional).
4. Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
The last recipe on our list of easy spaghetti and meatballs recipes is the instant pot spaghetti and meatballs recipes.
This recipe is so easy to make; it is probably one of the easiest spaghetti and meatballs recipes you can try out.
It uses a pressure cooker, so dinner can be ready in about 30 minutes.
- 1 lb. meatballs, raw, cooked or frozen
- 12 oz. spaghetti noodles
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (24 oz.) can jar spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups water
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parsley or basil
- Put meatballs in the bottom of the inner liner pot.
- Break the spaghetti in half and spread it over the meatballs randomly.
- To avoid sticking together.
- Pour water over the spaghetti.
- Pour the diced tomatoes and jar sauce over the spaghetti.
- Put the lid on and set the steam release knob to the sealing position.
- Set the pressure cooker to cook for 9 minutes.
- After the cooking time has finished, turn off the pot and turn the steam release knob to the venting position.
- If the sauce starts to spew out with the steam, close the vent and release the steam gradually.
- After the pin in the lid drops down, open the lid and stir the spaghetti.
- Serve in a plate and garnish with parmesan cheese, mozzarella, and any other toppings of your choice.
Now that you have this list of easy spaghetti and meatballs recipes, you can treat yourself and your family to some amazing dinners.
You can also try out other recipes you can imagine, you might stumble on something amazing.