Essential Oils to Tighten Skin After Weight Loss at Home – Congratulations! You got great results from your weight loss regime. You can now fit into the little dresses you’ve been craving. But the resulting saggy skin turns out to be a huge distraction from your success.
Don’t worry, get your smile back on, we’ve got the solution for you.
Today we bring you different essential oil options you can use to tighten stomach skin, neck firming, saggy under eyes skin, etc.
If you follow our instructions, before long, you’ll have tight and glowing skin you’d want to show off.
It’s common to have loose or saggy skin after weight loss, especially if you lost a lot of weight.
Essential oils to tighten skin is a good option to gradually get things the way they should be.
There are other skins tightening treatments such as thermage loose skin treatment, Venus skin tightening, etc.
But essential oils are a safe and effective option. They are organic, non-invasive, and no risk of side effects. Moreover, they don’t cost as much as others.
Keep reading to find out the essential oils that work best and how to use them.
- 1 11 Top Essential Oils to Tighten Skin after Weight Loss
- 1.1 1. Neroli Oil for Skin
- 1.2 2. Lavender Oil for Skin
- 1.3 3. Sandalwood Essential Oil to Tighten Skin
- 1.4 4. Rosehip Seed Oil
- 1.5 5. Geranium Essential Oil
- 1.6 6. Frankincense Essential Oil for Skincare
- 1.7 7. Myrrh Essential Oil for Skin Elasticity
- 1.8 8. Jasmine Essential Oil to Fix Sagging Skin
- 1.9 9. Grapeseed Essential Oils for Skin Tightening
- 1.10 10. Pomegranate Essential Oil for Skin
- 1.11 11. Almond Oil for Skin Tightening
11 Top Essential Oils to Tighten Skin after Weight Loss
Weight loss is not the only thing that causes loose skin. It is a natural process that occurs with aging.
However, you can slow it down or even reverse it to some extent.
The essential oils to tighten loose skin we’re presenting can do that for you.
1. Neroli Oil for Skin
This oil contains Citral, a natural chemical that replenishes the skin.
It helps your skin repair old cells and promotes the creation of new ones.
Using this oil will also promote skin elasticity and reduce pores. This is why it is ideal as an anti-aging oil.
Experts agree on the potency of Neroli oil as an essential oil to tighten the skin.
Neroli Oil Recipe for Saggy Skin
- Grapeseed oil
- Few drops of Neroli oil
How to Use:
- Mix a few drops of Neroli oil with grapeseed oil and mix well.
- Apply it liberally over the affected part till it is well absorbed.
2. Lavender Oil for Skin
Studies show that this oil has antibacterial properties so it can be used to repair and rejuvenate the skin. Asides that, it smells great, another reason you’d want to go for it.
The oil is also used in aromatherapy as it is effective in the nervous system and the treatment of anxiety disorders.
Lavender oil can also be used for purposes that benefit the skin which makes it one of the best essential oils to tighten the skin.
To get the best from it, you can combine it with coconut oil or aloe vera.
You can also use it directly on the skin.
How to Use Lavender Oil for Skin Tighten:
- For skin tightening, mix the lavender essential oil with rosehip seed oil.
- Apply to the skin after a bath in the morning or before going to bed.
3. Sandalwood Essential Oil to Tighten Skin
This is a highly recommended essential oil to tighten skin mainly for its constituents and its unique sweet smell.
It has healing properties that treat scars, wrinkles, and remove lines from the skin.
This oil can also brighten your skin by hydrating skin cells and repairing capillaries.
How to use Sandalwood Oil:
- Mix 4 drops of sandalwood oil with avocado oil.
- Rub the mixture on the affected area till it absorbs.
4. Rosehip Seed Oil
This oil is especially potent because of its anti-aging properties.
It contains Vitamins E and A as well as essential fatty acids that help slow down the aging effects on the skin.
It is also an astringent which makes it a good essential oil to tighten skin.
The rosehip seed oil also has a hydrating effect on the skin and promotes cell regeneration.
This makes it work well against eczema and dark circles.
How to Use Rosehip:
- Simply mix few drops of the oil with a carrier oil of choice (e.g olive oil, jojoba oil, etc) and apply on the skin.
5. Geranium Essential Oil
This oil is an extract of the leaves, flower, and stem of the Geranium plant.
Its uses span aromatherapy in the treatment of depression, dental care, blood circulation, stress relief, hormonal imbalance, etc.
Another benefit of this oil is its skincare properties.
It helps the body produce collagen which increases the elasticity of your skin and that is what you need to tighten extra skin after weight loss.
You can also use it as collagen for loose skin after weight loss because of this property.
- Mixing Geranium essential oil with argan oil can help with saggy neck skin.
6. Frankincense Essential Oil for Skincare
This Frankincense oil can easily penetrate your skin to regenerate its cells for quick results.
It can also oxygenate your skin which will improve its elasticity.
This is are some of the reasons the Frankincense oil is touted as one of the best essential oils to tighten skin.
Combine it with virgin olive oil and you will have created a potent organic skincare oil.
7. Myrrh Essential Oil for Skin Elasticity
Remember Myrrh from schools’ Christmas plays? Yeah, we’re talking about the essential oil gotten from that.
As you can guess, it’s quite effective as it moisturizes the skin by hydrating the cells.
It works great for treating chapped dry skin and removes wrinkles caused by flabbiness.
Scientists have called it a good essential oil to tighten skin and kill bacteria and microbes.
How to Use Myrrh Essential Oil:
- Mix with avocado oil.
- Apply to the skin regularly for a lasting result.
8. Jasmine Essential Oil to Fix Sagging Skin
This is one of the essential oils to tighten skin that also promotes blood circulation.
This helps the skin regenerate cells faster and as a result, hydrates the cells.
This in turn makes it appear smoother and with improved elasticity thus, alleviating loose skin.
This effect also clears scars and wrinkles.
- Mix Jasmine oil with Almond oil and apply it to get rid of sagging skin on legs or any other part of the body.
9. Grapeseed Essential Oils for Skin Tightening
This oil has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties and can be used to reduce swelling.
It works great against stretch marks which is what makes it a great essential oil to tighten skin.
Grapeseed oil is good for oily skin as it is rich in antioxidants.
This prevents skin pores from clogging and regulates oil secretion on the skin to reduce acne.
Grapeseed essential oil to tighten skin is also astringent.
So, it can tone and tighten the skin as well as reduce the prominence of scars.
You can get its numerous benefits by putting a few drops on your palm and rubbing together to heat it then apply it to the affected areas.
- You can also mix it with other essential oils such as frankincense, lavender, or juniper.
- Apply to your face and leave on for 10 minutes to get a kind of treatment you’ll get from expensive spas.
10. Pomegranate Essential Oil for Skin
This is a powerful oil that is widely used to treat many skin-related issues such as psoriasis, acne, eczema, etc.
Natural health practitioners and healers have come to trust this oil for how diversely effective it is.
It has bioflavonoid contents that that can treat allergies and promote blood circulation and shield your skin from UV rays.
Due to its wide use as a skin treatment, it is considered as a go-to essential oil to tighten skin.
With continuous use, your saggy neck skin will be a thing of the past.
How to Use Pomegranate Oil:
- Clean the area you need to use the oil on.
- Apply a few drops of the pomegranate oil on the skin and massage until it is absorbed.
11. Almond Oil for Skin Tightening
This oil helps the body produce collagen which is known for tightening and smoothening the skin.
It has been used for centuries in ancient Chinese medicine and Ayurvedic practices.
You can also use it as an exfoliator to remove dead and dry skin cells to reveal newly nourished skin.
You can use this oil instead of getting Ultherapy for your jowls.
This is a great skin care treatment for aging and dry skin as it moisturizes and rejuvenates the skin.
Another good thing about this essential oil to tighten skin is that you can apply it by itself.
However, if you want to get an even better result, you can combine it with another essential oil we have highlighted earlier.
This will give you the benefit of both essential oils and the result will be more glaring.
Essential oils to tighten skin are your best bet to restore saggy skin as a result of weight loss.
Other treatments are either invasive, risky, or expensive.
The essential oils we recommend and how to use them will get you the result you want. Just make sure you’re consistent with the usage, listen to your body, and respond accordingly.