How do you clean Weber porcelain grill grates? Cleaning your porcelain grill grates is an essential maintenance routine to ensure it serves you for long. Weber porcelain grills hold heat well and resist rust. However, you have to maintain it well to keep it in top shape.
Make sure to clean the grates after every use and deep clean it once in a while.
Cleaning a weber porcelain BBQ grill does not have to be a chore. Keep reading as we show you easy ways to clean a weber porcelain grill with household cleaning products.
- 1 How to Clean Weber Porcelain Grill with a Grill Brush
- 2 How to Clean Weber Porcelain Grill with Household Products
- 3 How to Clean a Weber Porcelain Grill with a Professional Grill Cleaner
- 4 5 BBQ Grill Cleaning Products to Use at Home
How to Clean Weber Porcelain Grill with a Grill Brush
1. Use a Soft Bristle Brush
Porcelain grill scrapes easily so you can’t use a hard or metal brush.
Soft nylon grill brushes are the best to clean a weber porcelain grill.
You can also use an old toothbrush to reach into small areas.
2. Heat the Grill
- There’s often stuck-on food on the grill grates after a barbeque.
- These will be easy to clean if the grill is warm to burn off the food.
- Let it cool down before you start brushing so the bristles won’t melt.
3. Clean the Grates
- It’s best practice to run your brush over the grill diagonally from bottom left to top right.
- This approach makes it easy to get stuck-on food off the grates.
4. Clean Routinely
- To make cleaning your porcelain grill easier. Perform this cleaning process after every use.
- Clean the grates while they’re still warm.
- Afterward, apply grease or cooking oil on the grates so they’re ready for the next use.
How to Clean Weber Porcelain Grill with Household Products
There are 3 main ways you can use household products to clean porcelain grills. They are as follows:
1. Use Aluminum foils to Clean BBQ Grates
If you don’t have access to a grill brush, you can use a tin foil to clean your porcelain grill.
Squeeze tin foil into a ball big enough to hold in your hands. Use the foil to scrub the grill to remove debris.
2. Clean the Grill with Baking Soda
Here’s how to degrease a grill:
- Mix ½ cup of baking soda with ¼ cup of water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the grill ensuring it covers all of it.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes before cleaning it off.
- Make sure all the baking soda is off before you use the porcelain grill.
3. Simply Use Water and Grill Brush
Sometimes the stuck-on food might be too hard to remove with only a brush.
In that case, apply water to the grates to soften the stuck-on food and then scrub with a soft bristle brush.
How to Clean a Weber Porcelain Grill with a Professional Grill Cleaner
It is best practice to deep clean your porcelain grill twice a year.
The methods we explained above are for routine cleaning that should be done after every use. A professional grill cleaner is used for deep cleaning.
Get a grill cleaner that is safe to use on porcelain such as this Citrusafe Grill Spray.
It is non-toxic, non-corrosive, and biodegradable. Follow the instructions on the package to clean your porcelain grill.
Run your grill brush over it using the diagonal method.
Once you’re sure it’s clean, wipe off the spray with a damp cloth to remove the cleaner.
5 BBQ Grill Cleaning Products to Use at Home
Barbeque is always a great idea when hanging out in the park with friends or a backyard get together. However, once the party is done, the cleaning starts.
Cleaning your Weber porcelain grill does not have to be a dreaded chore. Here are some grill cleaning products to make the process smooth.
1. Unicook Outdoor Grill Brush
Wherever the barbeque is happening, this grill brush is ready to help you clean up whatever mess you make on your grill.
It has thick nylon bristles which makes it safe to clean weber porcelain grills.
The bristles are stiff and thick making them effective and easy to use.
It comes with an ergonomic grip so your hand won’t hurt with extended use.
2. Poligo Grill Brush and Scraper
This one uses stainless steel bristles which face multiple directions.
The advantage of this design is for the brush to clean a large surface in a short time and thoroughly.
With this brush, you won’t have too much back and forth movement to do.
It is also convenient to use with its ergonomic handle.
On the flip side of the brush is a sharp blade you can use to scrape off tough stuck-on debris without leaving scratches.
3. Caron and Doucet BBQ Grill Cleaner Oil
This cleaner is 100% organic and plant-based. So, you don’t have to worry about getting it in contact with your food.
It works great at removing accumulated grease and residue and can also prevent food from sticking to the grills.
It is lightly scented with essential oils to eliminate odors.
That way, your barbeque will retain its taste and aroma. It works with different types of grill and leaves a polished look in its wake.
4. Char-Broil Hot and Cool Grill Brush
This is one of the safest grill brushes for porcelain grills. It is made of natural wood and the bristles of the brush are nylon.
So, there’s no risk of chipping or scraping your grill.
It’s a simple design that’s tough enough to serve you for a long time.
The scraping blade is quite effective at dislodging stuck-on dirt. This product is Amazon’s Choice which attests to its quality.
5. Weiman Cook Top Cleaner and Degreaser
Grease is often a problem with barbeque grills and it’s a lot of work cleaning it out.
With this professional grill cleaner, it’s easy to degrease your grill. It works with any type of grill.
Weiman is formulated to cut through grease and makes it easy to wipe off.
It is non-abrasive and won’t hurt the integrity of your grill.
It is also versatile as you can use it on multiple cooking surfaces.
Grilling is a fun way of cooking and a clean grill is an important part of it. To clean your porcelain grills effectively requires you to know what you’re doing. We have shown you different ways to clean a weber porcelain grill using household cleaning products and professional ones. We also recommended some of the products you can achieve great results with.