Have you ever had a bite of fluffy banana bread? Have you ever wondered how to make banana bread at home? Or you have tried making it but every trial leads to an epic fail? Then you need to worry no more because this article is for you.
Ensure you keep reading to learn the art of making fluffy Banana bread at home.
Unarguably, Banana bread has become one recipe that has become famous particularly in this COVID-19 period, as many food bloggers have not failed to upload videos and recipes on how to make banana bread.
Banana bread is so easy to prepare as it requires no kneading like the regular bread recipe. And there is no special equipment for its preparation.
The knowledge of baking banana bread is similar to that of baking cake, as it is sometimes called banana cake.
Making banana bread is quite easy and pretty much straightforward.
So, if you are trying this recipe for the first time, do not fret, as it will come out tasting delicious if the procedures are well followed.
How To Make Banana Bread + Easy 3 Ingredient Recipes
That being said, let’s get straight into the making of our homemade banana bread.
This recipe and quantity will make 1 loaf serving.
Get these ingredients listed below for your easy moist banana bread recipe.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of melted/ stick butter
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of salt (optional except you are using unsalted butter)
- Grease the baking pan with little butter, then add flour to the pan to coat it and dust off the excesses.
- This is done to prevent the batter from sticking to the pan.
- Kindly note that when you use stick butter, ensure you mix it with the sugar, butter, and vanilla extract until it is well mixed together.
- Now, add the eggs gradually, add cream again, and set aside.
- While for the melted butter, mix the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract, using a whisk, add the eggs to it and mix till it forms a paste.
- In another bowl, mash together the ripe bananas, using a fork or potato masher. Do not mash to a fine consistency, but a semi-mashed consistency.
- Mix the dry ingredients which are: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt (if you’re using unsalted butter).
- You can also add spices like nutmeg or cinnamon powder for flavor but they are all optional.
- Add the creamed butter mixture together with the mashed banana to the dry ingredients and mix until it’s all combined. Do not mix them too much.
- Pour into the pan and place in a preheated oven of 350°F for 30 minutes or till a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Allow cooling completely on a wired rack.
- Now, your ultimate moist banana bread is ready. It can be served with hot chocolate, fruit juice, coffee, etc. You can also eat it alone.
Low Carb Banana Bread
Banana bread can also be eaten by people who are on diet or people who need to reduce their sugar intake.
In such a situation, it will be a low carb banana bread or keto banana bread recipe where you use almond flour for the banana bread.
To achieve this it is best to use zero banana since bananas are high in carbs and zero sugar, while in place of sugar for sugar-free banana bread, erythritol can be used to make a loaf of banana bread.
You can also use a quality banana flavoring, this will enrich the taste which will make it taste like bananas mashed into the batter.
Coconut Flour Banana Bread
For the regular all-purpose flour that is used for banana bread, one may substitute it with coconut flour.
Coconut flour is gluten-free and nut-free if you do not want a nut bread, as coconut is considered as a fruit.
Coconut flour banana bread is higher in protein and you can go with the option of no sugar if you prefer a less sweet bread, it is also grain-free and oil-free.
Specifically, for those trying to eat healthily and are probably on a weight loss program, you should use the coconut flour banana bread.
Banana bread can be garnished with any variety of your choice, ranging from blueberries, strawberries, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
To achieve a blueberry banana bread, fold in the blueberries with the batter and pour it into the pan.
You can also follow the same procedure explained above for your strawberry banana bread, banana walnut bread recipe, and chocolate chip banana bread.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Banana bread can be baked in a cupcake form garnished with sweet like chocolate chips, this is known as banana chocolate chip muffins.
The procedure is similar to that of banana bread, with the inclusion of a muffin paper cup lined into a muffin pan.
Banana chocolate chip muffin is a good snack for the kids because it appears more attractive than just a slice of banana bread.
Also, it tastes delicious.
Banana bread can also be baked without adding butter.
The butter can be replaced with an oil recipe.
This oil method provides the benefit of reducing saturated fat from the butter and it tastes just like the traditional banana bread.
The oil to use can either be a vegetable oil, olive oil, coconut oil, or any preferred oil of your choice.
Banana bread recipe without butter, will still make a loaf of perfect banana bread.
It is also a good alternative because it is both healthy, cost-effective, and tasty.
3 Ingredient Banana Bread
Do you also know that banana bread can be baked with just 3 ingredients?
This is suitable when you have a few ingredients then you can make a loaf of banana bread with only 3 ingredients.
Although it may not be enriched as the complete ingredients banana bread.
However, you will enjoy the banana bread with just 3 ingredients.
To make a 3 ingredients banana bread, you will need the following;
- 4 Bananas
- 1 tin of condensed milk
- 2 cups of self-rising flour
- Mash 3 of the bananas in a bowl
- Add the condensed milk
- Sieve the flour into the mixture
- Mix until it is well incorporated
- Pour to an already greased pan lined with parchment paper
- Cut the last banana into bits and place it gently on top of the batter as toppings.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and allow to cook for 1 hour or till a skewer is passed through and comes out clean.
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes in the pan, before setting it on a wired rack.
- And your 3 ingredients banana bread is ready!
- Aside from this, there is another way of making 3 ingredients banana bread with different ingredients.
The ingredients are;
- 4 Bananas
- A box of cake mix
- 2 Eggs
The procedure in making this is the same as the former, so ensure you follow the procedure above.
Banana bread is easy, delicious, and a go-to recipe that can be enjoyed by the whole family!
With the information we have provided, making one should be a walk in the park.
Get your ingredients ready and follow the instructions.
Enjoy a delicious and healthy treat.