Zion National Park, Utah: If you’re looking for a slice of nature to experience, then check out Zion National Park, Utah.
The variety of things to do in Zion national park is exciting.
From hiking to mountaineering, the possibilities of things to do in Zion national park are endless.
To help you out, here are some things to do in Zion National Park.
- 1 About Zion National Park, Utah
- 2 Top 21 Things to Do in Zion National Park -Utah Besides Hiking
- 2.1 1. Go Hiking on the Angels Landing.
- 2.2 2. Visit The Narrows, Zion National Park.
- 2.3 3. Go on Bicycle Rides
- 2.4 4. Take Your Time Bird Watching
- 2.5 5. Go Canyoneering at the Zion National Park
- 2.6 6. Mountaineering and Rock Climbing
- 2.7 7. Go Hiking Zion National Park
- 2.8 8. Horseback Riding
- 2.9 9. Go On Scenic River Trips
- 2.10 10. Go Stargazing and Watch the Sunset
- 2.11 11. Go Backpacking
- 2.12 12. Go Water Rafting
- 2.13 13. Get Quality Accommodation at Zion Lodgings
- 2.14 14. Explore the Kolob Canyons with Rangers
- 2.15 15. Participate in Activities with Park Rangers
- 2.16 16. The East Zion Resort
- 2.17 17. The Zion National Park Camping Services
- 2.18 18. The Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort
- 2.19 19. Under Canvas Zion Resort
- 2.20 20. Go to Zion Wildflower Resort
- 2.21 21. Visit Zion River Resort
About Zion National Park, Utah
Zion National Park, Utah, is one of the best tourist spots in Utah.
It offers several services, including recreational and relaxation services, e.t.c.
Zion National Park Address:
It is located at:
If you’re wondering what kind of activities can you do at Zion National Park, keep reading.
Zion National Park offers a variety of recreational services for tourists.
Here’s a list of some of the things to do in Zion National Park:
Top 21 Things to Do in Zion National Park -Utah Besides Hiking
1. Go Hiking on the Angels Landing.
The angels landing is one of the most popular hikes in the world.
It has earned its place on the bucket lists of many people, and with good reason.
Once you’ve successfully embarked on the hour-long hike, the view is breathtaking.
For a more memorable visit, go in the summer and enjoy the views.
2. Visit The Narrows, Zion National Park.
This hike is aptly named, as it is the narrowest part of the Zion Canyon.
To access The Narrows, you can take a leisurely hike through the Riverside Walk.
What’s more, it’s accessible if you can’t walk and use a wheelchair.
From the equally breathtaking Temple of Sinawava, The Narrows is approximately 1 mile.
It has so many perfect spots for pictures and videos.
3. Go on Bicycle Rides
Bicycling is a pretty popular activity on the itinerary of tourists visiting Zion National Park.
It’s one of the fun things to do in Zion National Park.
Several trails allow bicycle rides, including the Pa’rus Trail.
The Zion Canyon Scenic Drive is another awesome trail for bicycle riders.
4. Take Your Time Bird Watching
Fun fact: The Zion National Park is home to many species of birds.
What’s more, is that most of these birds have been listed for each enthusiast.
These checklists prepare you for some fun things to do in Zion National Park.
Be sure to bring a camera and enjoy the view.
5. Go Canyoneering at the Zion National Park
If you’re ever at the Zion Canyon, then you should go canyoneering.
It’s one of the best things to do in Zion National Park.
You can go rock climbing, swimming in the lakes, abseiling, anything!
It sure beats being stuck indoors all day.
6. Mountaineering and Rock Climbing
Who said you can only climb mountains in the canyon?
Zion National Park has amazing mountains that are perfect for mountaineering and rock climbing.
Dress light and get ready for one of the best things to do in Zion National Park.
With a permit, you can go ahead to set up overnight bivouacs and have a camping experience.
7. Go Hiking Zion National Park
No itinerary of things to do in Zion National Park is complete without hiking.
It’s a no-brainer.
Some hikes are perfect for hiking, and they’re open to everyone.
8. Horseback Riding
One of the best things to do in Zion National Park is horseback riding.
It’s a perfect way to make memories and enjoy your visit!
It’s completely safe, and there are guides to help protect and guide you through it.
Fully immerse yourself in the Zion National Park experience, and you’ll be glad you did.
9. Go On Scenic River Trips
In addition to everything else, Zion National Park has amazing scenic river routes.
It’s one of the must-do things to do in Zion National Park.
Getting a permit for boat rides and rafting is easy, and so are the trips themselves.
10. Go Stargazing and Watch the Sunset
No camping experience is complete without stargazing.
Thankfully, it’s one of the fun things to do in Zion National Park.
They also give you a great view of Zion Mountain if you’re close enough.
11. Go Backpacking
Grab your backpacks and supplies, and go backpacking at the Zion National Park.
It’s a highlight on the itinerary of nature-loving visitors.
Be sure to obtain the necessary permits before going on any trails, however.
While backpacking, you can visit campsites.
What’s more, you get to enjoy the full experience in the best weather conditions.
12. Go Water Rafting
Yes, the Zion National Park allows visitors to go water rafting.
As a matter of fact, with the right permits and guides, you get the full experience.
Allow yourself to be treated to one of the most fun things to do in Zion National Park.
13. Get Quality Accommodation at Zion Lodgings
The Zion Lodge, Utah address is about 3 miles north of the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive.
To get Zion Lodge reservations, follow these steps:
- Check online for reservations at www.zionlodge.com.
- Contact Zion Lodge directly at 1-888-29-PARKS (888-297-2757) (Toll-free for those who live in the US), or 303-29-PARKS (303-297-2757) (if you live outside the US).
- Call 435-772-7700 if you want to contact a lodge guest or make same-day reservations.
- Be sure to follow the prompts properly, and that’s it.
- You can decide to make reservations ahead of your visit, or on the same day. Call 435-772-7700 for more inquiries.
- Please note that the reservation hours operate daily from 7 AM to 7 PM, Mountain Time.
- During holidays, the reservations offices are closed.
- However, there’s always the option of getting an Air B&B near Zion National Park.
- Check online for these alternatives.
14. Explore the Kolob Canyons with Rangers
The Kolob Canyons are perfect for anyone wishing to get the full Zion National Park experience.
The Kolomb Canyons are a set of beautiful canyons in the Kolob Plateau.
They are “finger canyons”, and they’re breathtaking.
Be sure to confirm with rangers before embarking on any hikes along this route.
The Kolomb Canyons are one of the best hikes in Zion.
15. Participate in Activities with Park Rangers
There are ranger-led activities for adults and children all year round.
For example, kids from 4 upwards can join the Junior Ranger Programme at various departments.
The Nature Centre, the visitors’ centers, and the Human History Museums are great places to start.
For adults, ranger-led activities will help you learn the most about Zion.
It sure is one of the top things to do in Zion National Park.
Getting a flight ticket to Zion National Park, Utah, depends on your current location and choice of airline.
For example, Frontier Airlines roundtrip economy tickets from Denver to and from Salt Lake City costs $78.87.
Be sure to book convenient flights for yourself.
16. The East Zion Resort
At the East side of the Zion National Park lies this quaint resort.
Also referred to as the “quiet side of the park”, the East Zion Resort is located strategically.
From there, you can easily access the Bryce Canyon National Park, the Cedar Breaks National Monument.
Also, the Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument can be accessed from the East Zion Resort.
What’s more, you can get to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon from here!
It’s the perfect canyon overlook trail, Zion National Park, to Grand Canyon.
17. The Zion National Park Camping Services
The Zion National Park has three campgrounds.
They are the Watchman Campground, Lava Point Campground, and the South Campground.
Reservations can be made ahead of time on the website.
There are several other private campgrounds, however.
18. The Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort
This 4000 acres of resort property is also known as Zion’s best adventure resort.
Anyone looking for adventurous things to do in Zion National Park should be here.
Here, you can go ziplining, mini-golfing, bungee jumping, horseback riding, e.t.c.
If you’re into it, they also have a shotgun range, as well as a paintball range.
The Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort is where you want to be if you’re an adrenaline junkie.
19. Under Canvas Zion Resort
This resort offers some of the best glamorous camping services in the area.
While here, you can rest assured that you’ll only be treated to luxury.
Stay in luxury tents under the stars, and enjoy the breathtaking views nearby.
The address is 3955 Kolob Terrace Road, Virgin, UT 84767.
20. Go to Zion Wildflower Resort
This resort is one of the best camping locations near Zion National Park.
Located just before the Zion National Park, this resort boasts excellent, luxurious camping services.
According to several visitors, each experience is unique to every customer.
There are private services and accommodation packages tailored to suit everyone.
Whatever experience you’re looking for, Zion Wildflower Resort brings it luxuriously.
Look forward to air conditioning, modern plumbing, and other luxurious things to do in Zion National Park.
21. Visit Zion River Resort
The Zion River Resort is another ace up the sleeves of the Zion National Park.
It’s strategically located to allow easy access to Zion National Park.
It is ideal for day and evening trips to the Grand Canyon North Rim and Jacob’s Ranch, and so on.
For kids, there’s a Petting Farm, an Ice-cream Parlor, and other attractions to entertain them.
Whether or not you’re new, there is an endless list of things to do in Zion National Park.
Be prepared for the most amazing experience there.
After all, it didn’t get its spot on the list of most exciting places by being boring.
For your next vacation, you should consider adding Zion National Park to your list.
It’s a popular crowd favorite.