Things to Do in Brooklyn: Finding things to do in Brooklyn is important, as Brooklyn is a fun place.
There are several fun activities you can partake in both indoors and outdoors.
Also, you don’t have to break the bank every time you want to go out.
Contrary to popular belief, not all fun things in Brooklyn are expensive.
There are many free things to do in Brooklyn today.
As a matter of fact, some outdoor things to do in Brooklyn involve going out with friends.
So hit up your motley of friends and get ready for a nice time.
We’ve compiled a list of some fun stuff to do in Brooklyn.
This list comprises Brooklyn tourist attractions, things to do in Brooklyn for couples, e.t.c.
Have a look:
- 1 15 Things to Do in Brooklyn This Weekend
- 1.1 1. Go Sightseeing in the City
- 1.2 2. Go See the Brooklyn Botanical Garden
- 1.3 3. Go Visit Prospect Park
- 1.4 4. Go Window Shopping at Shopping Malls
- 1.5 5. Visit Fun Arcades and Game Houses
- 1.6 6. Go Watch a Movie at the Cinemas
- 1.7 7. Visit the Brooklyn Bridge Park
- 1.8 8. Go on a Bike Tour on the Famous Brooklyn Bridge
- 1.9 9. Go on a Family Trip to the New York Aquarium
- 1.10 10. Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Art
- 1.11 11. Enjoy the Street Art at the Bushwick Neighborhood
- 1.12 12. Take a Learning Trip to the Brooklyn Waterfront Museum
- 1.13 13. Go on Haggling Adventures at the Brooklyn Flea Market
- 1.14 15. Get Inspired at the Brooklyn Tabernacle Megachurch
- 1.15 16. Relax and Enjoy Yourself at the “Little Odessa”
15 Things to Do in Brooklyn This Weekend
1. Go Sightseeing in the City
Brooklyn has a myriad of amazing sights to see.
From the colorful to the odd and amazing, there is never a limit of things to do in Brooklyn.
Explore cafes, restaurants, streets, squares, e.t.c. and enjoy the sights.
Whether you’re alone or with family, Brooklyn never ceases to amaze all and sundry.
If ever you’re in the City, be sure to add “sightseeing” to your bucket list.
2. Go See the Brooklyn Botanical Garden
Tales of the beauty of the Brooklyn Botanical Garden have been nursed abroad.
If you’re a nature lover like I am, then you will not fail to appreciate its splendor.
With a landmass of over fifty acres, much more diverse flora will be there to welcome you.
What’s more, when you visit the souvenir gift shop, you can get a houseplant.
Let it remind you of the fun memories you created there.
Go see the sights alone or go with your family.
The Cherry Tree Grove is perfect for couples, so go create memories with your significant other.
3. Go Visit Prospect Park
This, by far is one of the best things to do in Brooklyn for families.
Here are some things to do in Prospect Park are:
- Watch the sea lion training sessions at the zoo with family and friends.
- Bring your kids to the interactive feeding arena to watch.
- Give young kids the time of their lives by bringing them to their animal friends
- Let your kids learn about their favorite animals, as well as feed them
- If they’re bold enough, they can feed their furry friends (with supervision, of course).
There are many fun things to do in Brooklyn in December also.
For Prospect Park, in particular, you can go sledding, take winter walks, go ice skating, play ice hockey, e.t.c.
4. Go Window Shopping at Shopping Malls
Whether or not you’re window shopping, shopping has a way of lifting one’s spirit.
At shopping malls in Brooklyn, be prepared to feel your spirits soar.
The Gateway Centre and the Kings Shopping Plaza Centre are great places to start.
5. Visit Fun Arcades and Game Houses
For every gamer, there’s at least one arcade center in Brooklyn.
Stocked with every gamer’s dream, every arcade features a series of games.
From races to virtual reality games, to dance battles, Brooklyn arcades are your best bet.
At the Coney Island Arcade, you and your kids are surely going to have a swell time.
It’s at 30-19 West 12th Street, Coney Island, New York.
With as low as $5, you can play as many games as you want.
It sure is a crowd favorite, this one.
- 21 Best Things to Do in The Summer: Try These 21 Fun Things Now
- Top 15 Trip Planning Tools and Apps: Must Use for Your Next Travel
6. Go Watch a Movie at the Cinemas
Watching a movie will always be a great way to unwind.
What’s better than watching a movie alone?
Correct! Watching one with friends and family.
Get the full cinematic experience as you watch your favorite movies.
Cinemas like the Nitehawk Cinemas are open between 3:30 AM to 11 PM on weekdays, 1-11 PM on Fridays, and 10:30 AM-11 PM on Saturdays and Sundays.
It’s located at 136 Metropolitan Avenue, Brooklyn, New York.
This quaint little cinema has service like no other, and reviews of the place tell of its awesomeness.
It sure makes for the perfect date spot for couples.
7. Visit the Brooklyn Bridge Park
The Brooklyn Bridge Park is another series of amazing, natural wonders.
What’s more, there are several recreational activities to choose from.
Keep yourself occupied with basketball and roller skating, or visit the playgrounds with kids.
Each service offered here is for your utmost satisfaction.
Feel free to let loose and enjoy all its offers.
Entry into the park is free, and it is open between 6 AM and 1 AM.
8. Go on a Bike Tour on the Famous Brooklyn Bridge
The Brooklyn Bridge is perhaps the most famous in America.
Some things to do by Brooklyn Bridge are:
- hop on a bike and enjoy the view of the city skyline,
- interact with the locals and learn a thing or two from them,
- see exhilarating sights of the Brooklyn Bridge Park as well, and so on.
9. Go on a Family Trip to the New York Aquarium
Meet your favorite aquatic animals and enjoy an underwater experience.
For obvious reasons, kids are going to love visiting the New York Aquarium.
Whether alone, with your partner, or with kids, this is the perfect family spot.
10. Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Art
Get Acquainted With the African Culture By Visiting the Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Art
Art, as we know, is an important part of any culture’s history and identity.
Journey through African history by observing the musical and performing arts.
Creatives are sure to feel the power behind the messages and sociopolitical performances there.
11. Enjoy the Street Art at the Bushwick Neighborhood
Word on the street is that the Bushwick neighborhood has street art like no other place.
Take in the intricacies of each stroke of paint on each corner you turn.
From comic paintings to amazing, intricate ones, you’ll never cease to be amazed.
The picturesque square sure provides people with amazing things to do in Brooklyn today.
The best way to catch the best drawings is to go with a tour guide.
12. Take a Learning Trip to the Brooklyn Waterfront Museum
If you’re a maritime enthusiast, then you’ve got to visit the Brooklyn Waterfront Museum.
Heck, it should make it to your list of things to do in Brooklyn today.
While here, you can get a crash course on all that pertains to maritime commerce.
What’s more, it has tons of equipment that’ll make every maritime enthusiast dance in glee.
Bring a fellow maritime enthusiast and have the time of your life geeking out.
13. Go on Haggling Adventures at the Brooklyn Flea Market
If you think you have what it takes to haggle, show your prowess at the Brooklyn Flea Market.
This market is packed with colorful things to see in Brooklyn.
From the antique to the new, the Brooklyn Flea Market has unique souvenirs for everyone.
Dare I say if you haven’t been, it should begin your list of things to do in Brooklyn tomorrow!
The best days to visit the flea market, according to locals, are Saturdays and Sundays.
15. Get Inspired at the Brooklyn Tabernacle Megachurch
Hands down, this is one of the best things to do in Brooklyn.
All who have visited this non-denominational megachurch have sung its praises.
In addition to the ornate interior decoration, the choir is sensational.
16. Relax and Enjoy Yourself at the “Little Odessa”
The Brighton Bridge is famous for its mix of visitors from several ethnic backgrounds.
Allow the white sands and blue skies to melt your worries.
Whether you’re alone or with family, this is one of the best outdoor activities in Brooklyn.
And if crowds aren’t your thing, you can always take the boardwalk and enjoy the sights.
This list is not the be-all and end-all of the things to do in Brooklyn.
Indeed, there are more fun outdoor and indoor things to do in Brooklyn.
However, this list is a great place to start your life of fun in Brooklyn.
Whether you’re visiting Brooklyn or you’re planning to stay long-term, you need excitement.
Allow yourself to be wowed by all that Brooklyn offers both daytime and nighttime.
Indeed, navigating the city can be a hassle, but with guided tours and maps, you’ll make it.
Finding fun things to do in Brooklyn doesn’t have to be rocket science.
You can just go out and see sights on your own, with family or with friends.
The best moments, they say, are moments shared with friends and loved ones.
If you’re worried that it’s going to be too expensive, worry no more.
There’s no need to break the bank to find good and affordable accommodation in Brooklyn.
Get lodgings within your budget by checking out bookings.com.
Transportation is also not a problem, as there are many reputable transport companies to choose from.