Healthy Breakfast Ideas with Recipes: Today, we are bringing you 7 easy healthy breakfast ideas with recipes.
Breakfast is widely considered the most important meal of the day.
- Is responsible for kick-starting your metabolism at the beginning of the day, helping you to burn calories.
- It is also responsible for providing you with the necessary energy you need to carry out your daily tasks.
People often skip breakfast because they have no idea what to eat.
However, with these easy healthy breakfast ideas with recipes, you don’t have to worry about that anymore.
7 Easy Healthy Breakfast Ideas with Recipes
1. Veggie Breakfast Frittata Recipe
First on our list of easy healthy breakfast ideas with recipes is the veggie breakfast frittata.
This is a great high-protein breakfast that will help kick-start your day.
It is easy to make and it only takes about 35 minutes.
This is one of many good healthy breakfast ideas with eggs. This recipe will yield 6 servings.
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped.
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin oil
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- ½ small red onions, diced
- Hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a medium oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and bell peppers and stir occasionally while it cooks.
- Cook until softened, which should take about 6 minutes.
- Add the spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic.
- Stir occasionally while it cooks for about 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the eggs.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Stir gently to distribute the vegetables.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the eggs are set.
- Allow it to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Slice into 6 pieces and serve with hot sauce.
2. Cinnamon and Raisin French Toast Recipe
Second, on our list of healthy breakfast ideas with recipes is cinnamon and raisin French toast.
If you are looking for quick breakfast ideas with recipes, this is a good low-calorie breakfast you can whip up easily.
You can enjoy this French toast recipe and be assured to get all the necessary nutrients for a productive day.
- 2 slice whole-wheat bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons ricotta
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- Whisk the egg, cinnamon, and honey together in a bowl.
- Coat 2 slices of bread with the egg mixture you have made.
- Cook in a lightly greased pan for 1 minute on each side.
- Serve your toast with the apple sauce and ricotta on the side.
3. Raspberry-Banana Smoothie Recipe
Third, on our list of healthy breakfast ideas with recipes is this raspberry-banana smoothie.
Smoothies are filling and packed with all the right nutrients.
You get to enjoy a delicious blend while also enjoying the health benefits.
Meanwhile, you should definitely add this to your healthy breakfast recipes to lose weight.
You can enjoy this 300 calorie breakfast smoothie with a slice of peanut butter spread whole wheat toast.
- half large banana
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 8 ounces milk
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- Add the banana, raspberries, Greek yogurt, and milk into a blender.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth. Serve in a cup and enjoy.
4. Whole Wheat Pancakes Recipe
Pancakes are a staple breakfast meal but they are often considered to be unhealthy and full of calories.
This recipe however is a healthy and low carb substitute for your regular pancakes.
This makes it a perfect addition to your list of easy and healthy breakfast ideas with recipes.
What’s more? Kids love pancakes. So you can add this to your healthy breakfast ideas for kids (if you’ve got kids).
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- ½ cup non-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Apple or strawberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-low flame.
- In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together the wet ingredients.; eggs, non-fat milk, honey, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Mix well enough to combine the ingredients.
- The batter should be a little lumpy.
- Use a measuring cup to ladle the batter into the skillet or griddle.
- Flip the pancake when the top is bubbling, the bottom should be golden brown.
- Cook the other side till it is golden brown too.
- When all the pancakes are ready, ladle about 1/3 cup of the apple or strawberry sauce onto each plate and place pancakes on top of them.
5. Sweet Potato Soup (with Avocado) Recipe
Still, on healthy breakfast ideas with recipes, we have got sweet potato soup.
This recipe is one of the easiest recipes you could add to your healthy breakfast options.
It is very satisfying and surprising not heavy, serve it alongside some toast and you’ve got a whole meal.
This is one of many good healthy breakfast ideas for work.
- 1 sweet potato (medium)
- ½ cup of non-dairy milk (optional)
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon of chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Salt to taste
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro
- A sprinkle of smoky paprika
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 450°. Make a few holes in the sweet potato and bake for about 40-60 minutes.
- You will know it is ready when it looks tender and sticky.
- Another way to achieve this result is to peel, dice, and boil your potato.
- When the potato is baked, allow it to cool for a few minutes before peeling the skin away.
- Put the potato in your blender and add the broth, non-dairy milk, garlic, maple syrup, chipotle powder, and lime.
- Blend until it is smooth. Add salt to taste.
- To warm the soup, you can pour the soup into a soup pot and let it simmer on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- You can now pour the soup into serving bowls and top with diced avocado, a sprinkle of smoky paprika, and a fresh squeeze of lime.
6. Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Contrary to popular belief, healthy breakfast recipes don’t always require using low-fat products.
You can still have healthy meals while using full-fat products like cheddar and parmesan.
This recipe requires you to do some preparations the night before you need it.
That way you can just pop it into the oven the next morning and it will be done in about 30 minutes.
- 8 ounces spicy or sweet turkey sausage links. Casings removed, meat crumbled
- 6 large eggs and 6 large egg whites
- 2 scallions. Sliced
- 1 ¾ cups 1-percent milk
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ whole wheat baguette, cut into tiny cubes.
- One 9-ounce frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained of excess liquid.
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- Cooking spray.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the turkey and scallions and cook. Stir to break up large chunks.
- Cook until browned and cooked through about 10 minutes.
- Remove the heat and allow it to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, and ½ teaspoon salt and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
- Add the cooked sausage, spinach, cheeses, and bread to the mix and toss to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Spray a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the casserole, uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
- It should be set and lightly browned on top.
7. Baked Banana Porridge Recipe
This baked banana porridge is a great way to start your day.
Easy breakfast ideas with recipes like this one make other recipes look difficult.
It only takes about 30 minutes to make.
This is one of many healthy breakfast ideas without eggs you can try.
- 2 small bananas, halved lengthways
- 100g jumbo porridge oats
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 150ml milk of your choice
- 4 walnuts, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 190C.
- Mash up one banana half and mix it with the oats, cinnamon, milk, 300ml water, and a pinch of salt.
- Pour into a baking dish and top with the remaining banana halves and scatter over the walnuts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the oats are creamy and have absorbed most of the liquid.
The nature of your breakfast could determine how the rest of your day would go.
With this in mind, you have a number of breakfast ideas with recipes at your disposal. Don’t hesitate to try them out.